What students are saying
The audio, visuals and example sentences are very high quality. I look forward to using this course as a refresher!
...thanks so much for such a helpful course on verbs of motion.
...я хочу поблагодарить вас за очень качественные и интересные материалы!
It was exactly what I was looking for to review and keep improving my Russian throughout my ETA Fulbright year in Irkutsk.
...really effective and well designed...
It has very helpful material both for introducing the topic to beginners and to explaining the prefixes for intermediate students.
The audio review exercises are effective because of how convenient it is to listen to them.
Audio review exercises were very effective. I have listened to them many times while jogging etc... and will listen in the future...
The explanations in the videos were very clear and easy to understand.
I enjoyed the quizzes throughout the videos, so I could check my comprehension.
I wish to thank you again for putting together your verbs of motion course(s)... I don't think I would have ever gotten the hang of those if not for the visual format on your videos. That was/is by far the best verbs of motion course out there.
Comments on Dr. Ford's previous teaching:
Russian 121 (1st semester)
- Dr. Ford was a great professor. Having him for Russian 121 made all of the difference for me. His enthusiasm sparked mine for Russian and now its my minor.
Russian 122 (2nd semester)
- Dr. Ford is an amazing teacher and went out of his way to make sure everyone understood the material.
- Dr. Ford is always thorough with explanations, and finds ways to relate the material to everyday situations.
- I like that he gives us many chances to practice our grammar and speaking.
Russian 201 (3rd semester)
- Dr. Ford is a great Russian teacher. He is very patient with his students and tries to help as much as he can.
- Class was always productive and relaxed.
Russian 202 (4th semester)
- Dr. Ford was continually helpful and enthusiastic about teaching Russian. He teaches a difficult language clearly and efficiently, and tries to make class fun as well. He obviously cares about his students, and I'm excited to have him again in the fall.
Russian 301 (5th semester)
- Class interaction was great and contributed to a great learning environment with a close-knit group of students.
Russian 302 (6th semester)
- Always very informative, understanding, explains and reinforces concepts well - excellent professor.
- He has a very clear and concise way of explaining even confusing aspects of Russian grammar, and always checks to make sure that every student understands.
- He is so knowledgeable and has a way of passing it off as if each time we make an observation, he is learning from us. This and many other tricks he uses to get us confident in our knowledge creates a great atmosphere for learning that is really rare in the classroom.
Structure of Russian
- ...very willing to help any student whether freshman or graduate level.
- Created a thoughtful & challenging classroom environment and kept students engaged. Very insightful presentation of content - always.